1. Sit somewhere comfortable that isn't conducive to collapsing. Sit up straight but don't strain.
2. Close your eyes
3. Plant your feet on the floor.
4. Think about the fact that the earth is holding you up.
5. Breathe gently - nothing special, just in and out.
6. Now breathe in more deeply to a slow count of three.
7. Breathe out to a slow count of five.
8. Repeat steps 5 and 6 at least 3 times.
If you are curious, try this variation:
When breathing in imagine that you are taking in warm light of any color that feels healing to you. Hold the breath-light for 3 counts before exhaling for 5.